- The best way to enjoy your child’s party and allow them to truly enjoy it themselves is to be worry-free. Do this by creating party boundaries. Separate the "party space" with streamers and balloons.
- Protect or remove anything of special value.
- Secure plenty of helping hands: relatives, friends, or neighbourhood babysitters.
- Allow your child to select toys he or she would enjoy sharing with the guests. Remove all other toys to prevent complications.
- Provide a table where gifts can be displayed as guests arrive.
- Have someone be in charge of distributing the loot bags to the partygoers as they say goodbye.
- Find another "home" for your pets that day if possible or keep them in a "safe" area.
- Bumps and bruises often occur when kids are having fun, so keep your first-aid kit handy along with an ice pack. You can never be too prepared.