- Allow your child to participate in creating the guest list. After all, this is his or her party.
- Help them through the decision process and make sure they do not exclude anyone whose feelings would be hurt.
- Make a list of those invited with the following columns: Yes, No, Gift Received, Thank-you sent. This way you and your child can keep track of who is coming or not and whether you’ve sent them a thank-you note.
- Include directions to your party location as well as a drop-off and pick-up time.
- Include an RSVP date and a phone number where you can be reached.
- Put a note on the invitation requesting that parents inform you of any allergies and food restrictions when they RSVP.
- Send your invitations out 2 to 3 weeks before the party date.