|The majority of these activities require the participation of the babies/toddlers as well as their parents or other adults.
- Play their favorite songs and encourage the children to dance and sing-a-long.
- Read a favorite story aloud.
- Blow bubbles and have the children "catch" them.
- Provide sidewalk chalk or crayons & paper and let them "paint".
- Supply a variety of different toys for free play, including lots of balls for rolling and catching.
- Show them pictures of animals and have them imitate the sounds of them.